Tanna – Mt Yasur Volcano Day Tour
Tanna – Mt Yasur Volcano Day Tour
Vanuatu Volcano Day Tour from Port Vila to Tanna Island’s Mt Yasur Volcano
A tour to Tanna Island to view Vanuatu’s famous Mt Yasur Volcano is an experience of a lifetime. Mt Yasur Volcano, on the southern Vanuatu island of Tanna, is probably the archipelago’s most iconic landmark, and justly so. The locals cannot remember a time when Tanna Volcano wasn’t coughing up its blazing entrails, shooting lava bombs and a volcanic ash cloud hundreds of meters into the air, every few minutes. Leaving Vanuatu without having witnessed ‘up close and personal’ the Mt Yasur Volcano fireworks phenomena is akin to not seeing the Eiffel Tower when visiting Paris!
CASH BACK GUARANTEE!!
If we can’t carry out the scenic flight, for whatever reason, you get a Vt2,500pp refund!!
*Flight over the volcano is subject to suitable weather, volcanic activity and fuel limitations as well as other considerations, at the discretion of the pilot.
Soon after arrival at Port Vila Airport and a simple check-in process, you will meet your Air Taxi Pilot and board your aircraft; it is a friendly and informal affair. After approximately one hour flying over the tropical waters of the Coral Sea, you’ll be treated to a loop around Mt Yasur Volcano before touching down at Tanna’s White Grass Airport. Here, you will be met by your friendly Mt Yasur Volcano Safari staff. The Tanna Volcano 4 wheel drive safari takes you through lush rain forest, past coffee plantations, native villages, over rugged mountain passes and across Mt Yasur Volcano’s moon like ash plain, to the world’s most active and accessible volcano.
A ten minute ash dune climb will see you at the crater’s edge where one of the most breath taking natural experiences of your life awaits. Once the photography is over and you’ve had your picnic lunch, it’s time to head back to Tanna Airport for the return flight back to Port Vila.
In addition to a Day Tour to Tanna Volcano, we also offer Overnight and Best of Tanna Tours. These options are slightly more expensive but if the funds allow, the Mt Yasur Volcano fireworks display is all the more impressive when it gets dark.
Our Day Tour now includes a Scenic Flight OVER Mt Yasur!
Be the first of all your friends to have flown over a live volcano! It is simply an amazing experience.
Please note: Flight over the volcano is subject to suitable weather, volcanic activity and fuel limitations as well as other considerations, at the discretion of the pilot.
Why Choose Air Taxi for your Day Tour to Tanna Volcano?
- Strictest Safety Standards
- We include a scenic flight over Mt Yasur Volcano with all our Day Tours to Tanna, with a cash back guarantee. This means that if, for whatever reason, the scenic flight over the volcano cannot be carried out, we will give you a refund of VT2,500 (about $30) per person.
- The flight path we take is far more scenically interesting than Port Vila to Tanna Airport direct. This route flies directly over Erromango Island and allows you to see the isolated north and east coasts of Tanna Island, the John Frum Cargo Cult Village and Port Resolution where Captain Cook first dropped anchor after seeing the glow of Mt Yasur Volcano.
- All our aircraft are high-wing, to ensure the best views of the sights below. This is especially important for the scenic flight over Mt Yasur Volcano.
- Small passenger numbers means personal attention to each & every client.
- The convenience of not having to wait around for a scheduled flight service.
- No “aisle seats”.
- No arduous check-in formalities.
- Price beat guarantee.
Tanna Volcano Day Tour Notes and Tips
- Tours operate on demand.
- Flights fill up fast so early booking is recommended.
- Closed shoes recommended.
- Bring your favourite snacks.
- Pack sunscreen.
- In winter, bring a warm top.
- Bring a tripod if you’re a keen photographer.
- 5kg bag limit per person (in soft bags).
- Airport taxes (Vt400 per person) not included.
- Bring a suitable amount of cash for postcards & souvenirs.
- Surcharge for passengers 115kgs+, maximum weight 130kgs.