Tanna – Mt Yasur Volcano Overnight Tour
Tanna – Mt Yasur Volcano Overnight Tour
Vanuatu Volcano Overnight Tour from Port Vila to Tanna Island’s Mt Yasur Volcano
It is generally agreed that Mt Yasur Volcano is best viewed at night; the explosive molten magma displays are truly awesome. Our Tanna Overnight Tour from Port Vila allows you to view the volcano both during the daytime and after dark, when the natural fireworks show is at its most spectacular.
After departure from Port Vila, we set course direct to Mt Yasur Volcano, on the south eastern side of Tanna Island. This track takes you directly over exotic Erromango Island, which is about half way to Tanna. Once we reach the north coast of Tanna we fly you down the rarely visited east coast, towards Mt Yasur Volcano. After a few minutes, the volcano ash plain comes into view, then Mt Yasur Volcano itself. You are then treated to an aerial view right down into its fiery heart. Peering down into an active volcano is sure to be one of the most incredible sights you will ever witness from the air. We then swoop low over remote villages on approach to Tanna Airport.
After landing on Tanna, you will be transferred to your resort for check-in, before heading off on the extraordinary Mt Yasur Volcano Safari. Upon reaching the volcano, your experienced guide will walk with you to the crater’s edge, for a sunset to remember and one of the most breath-taking natural shows you’re ever likely to witness!
CASH BACK GUARANTEE!!
If we can’t carry out the scenic flight, for whatever reason, you get a Vt2,000pp refund!!
*Flight over the volcano is subject to suitable weather, volcanic activity and fuel limitations as well as other considerations, at the discretion of the pilot.
Later on, relax and enjoy a night at one of Tanna’s three best resorts, Evergreen Resort, Tanna Lodge or White Grass Resort. The next morning, after breakfast, you’ll be transferred to Tanna Airport to board your aircraft. Approximately one hour later, you will touch down in Port Vila, stocked with sensational photos and unforgettable memories.
A tour to Tanna Volcano is a once in a lifetime “bucket list” experience. It’s not often in life you get the chance to witness such a spectacle. Visitors to Tanna Volcano come from all walks of life. The tour is suitable for all ages. Don’t be afraid of the climb to the top of the volcano as it is not arduous or long.
Our Overnight Tour now includes a FREE Scenic Flight OVER Mt Yasur!
Be the first of all your friends to have flown over a live volcano! It is simply an amazing experience.
Please note: Flight over the volcano is subject to suitable weather, volcanic activity and fuel limitations as well as other considerations, at the discretion of the pilot.
Why Choose Air Taxi for your Overnight Tour to Tanna Volcano?
- Strictest Safety Standards
- We include a scenic flight over Mt Yasur Volcano with all our Overnight Tours to Tanna, with a cash back guarantee. This means that if, for whatever reason, the scenic flight over the volcano cannot be carried out, we will give you a refund of VT2,000 (about $25) per person.
- The flight path we take is far more scenically interesting than Port Vila to Tanna Airport direct. This route flies directly over Erromango Island and allows you to see the isolated north and east coasts of Tanna Island, the John Frum Cargo Cult Village and Port Resolution where Captain Cook first dropped anchor after seeing the glow of Mt Yasur Volcano.
- All our aircraft are high-wing, to ensure the best views of the sights below. This is especially important for the scenic flight over Mt Yasur Volcano.
- Small passenger numbers means personal attention to each & every client.
- The convenience of not having to wait around for a scheduled flight service.
- Unlike with a scheduled operator, we take care to monitor the weather and will postpone the tour if it appears obvious that conditions will not be suitable for viewing the volcano.
- No “aisle seats”.
- No arduous check-in formalities.
- Price beat guarantee
Tanna Volcano Overnight Tour Notes & Tips
- Tours operate on demand
- Flights fill up fast so early booking is recommended.
- Closed shoes recommended
- Bring your favourite snacks as lunch is not included. Depending on the season, timing may allow for a cooked “bar snack” at the resort.
- Pack sunscreen & mosquito repellent
- Bring warm clothes, especially in winter
- Bring a tripod if you’re a keen photographer
- 5kg bag limit per person (in soft bags).
- Airport taxes (Vt400 per person) not included.
- Bring a suitable amount of cash for a la carte dinner & drinks, postcards & souvenirs.
- Surcharge for passengers 115kgs+, maximum weight 130kgs